I’ve received a number of emails from readers asking if I can help them tackle issues they are facing in law school or as new attorneys. Given the demand and my desire to help the Spartan Esquire community, I’ve decided to provide telephone consults on a first come, first served basis. Read on to learn how I can help you achieve your goals.
Hi, I’m JD – a senior associate at one of the largest law firms in the country. I’m on the partnership track. I have zero debt and money in the bank.
So, how did I get here?
Well, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon. And I won’t lie to you and say it was easy. But I’ve learned a lot on my journey. Especially how to succeed in law school and as a young attorney, all while carving out time to really enjoy life with my friends, family, and colleagues.
And best of all, you now get to profit from my years of hard work and experience.
But to answer your question more directly, a few things come to mind:
- I crushed law school
- Nailed OCI interviews
- Impressed partners as a summer associate
- Worked smart and hard as an associate to deliver outstanding results for my clients
- Navigated office politics
- Avoided lifestyle creep
- And automated my savings and investments
I’m not here to sugarcoat things or waste your time.
I provide blunt, practical, and actionable advice you can use to tackle your problems head on.
Here are some common consulting requests I receive from clients.
- How to determine if you should go to law school
- How to pick the right law school for you
- How to ace your law school exams
- How to crush your OCI interviews
- How to not stress about the bar exam
- How to create a killer resume
- How to land a great job out of law school
Law School Transfers
- How to transfer to the law school of your dreams
- How to determine which law schools you should apply to as a transfer student
- How to craft a persuasive personal statement
- How to succeed as a law school transfer student
- How to maximize your summer associate experience
- How to produce high-quality work product as a summer associate
- How to network with associates and partners as a summer associate
- How to ensure you get an offer as a summer associate
- How to succeed as a new attorney
- How to manage your time
- How to play the office politics game
- How to impress partners and ensure a steady stream of billable work
- How to say no to too much billable work
- How to develop and maintain a work-life balance
- How to network the right way
- How to know when it’s time to move on to a new firm
- How to pay down your law school debt
- How to save f*ck you money
Need help with something else? Let’s chat about it.
My advice will likely save you thousands down the road and many headaches.
My consulting rate is $80 per hour. I book sessions in 30-minute blocks:
- 30 minutes: $40
- 60 minutes: $80
Candidly, most questions can be answered during a 30-minute consult. Why?
I tackle your questions with ruthless efficiency.
Remember, a few minutes of truth is more valuable than 100 hours of lies.
In addition, I do offer discounts for regular consulting clients.
How It Works
1. Send me a short email explaining your problem and question, as well as the desired length of our session.
2. I’ll quickly evaluate your problem and confirm the length of our session.
3. After you receive my confirmation email, go ahead and send your payment. You can pay using PayPal or any credit or debit card you desire. Please enter “Consulting” in the description during checkout.
4. Once I receive your payment, I’ll email you to schedule a time for our one-on-one teleconference.
Disclaimer: I will not provide specific legal advice or investment recommendations. Please read my full disclaimer for more information. Thanks.